Class 1 Information for parents 2020-2021
Welcome to Class 1 J
We are very aware that starting school is already a big step for you and your child. Even though it is going to be a very unusual start to the new academic year, we are confident that your child will settle well into their new classroom and daily routines. We are creating our own ‘class bubble’ and our daily routine involves regular hand washing and sanitising.
The Foundation Phase is based on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding and encouraging them to be independent learning. Our topic focus at the moment is on wellbeing, ensuring all pupils are happy, settled and ready for learning and continuing to make progress.
- Mrs Coombes will be your child’s class teacher on a Monday and Tuesday, and Mrs J Davies will be their teacher on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Each child will be provided with their own stationary pouch which will include coloured pencils, chalks, whiteboard and pen.
- We have fruit snack everyday so your child can bring in a piece of fruit daily.
- PE for this half term will be carried out outside. There is no need to provide PE kit for your child. However, you may wish to dress them in trainers and joggers on a Friday for our PE day.
- Outdoor Learning shall be a key feature for many of our learning activities so please provide your child with a pair of named wellies that can be left in school and ensure they wear a waterproof coat daily.
- Please ensure that your child has a change of clothes in their bag on a daily basis, in case of toilet accidents. If your child needs changing twice during the day, they will then be changed into spare school clothes which will come home with them. They will need to be washed and returned to school the following day.
- Hometasks will be set weekly on a Friday and will be set online on our class page on the school website. (bryncethinprimary.com)
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle in school every day, clearly marked with their name and filled from home. There is no need to bring any other resources to school.
Please ensure that you have read and signed forms relating to your child’s photograph being shown on our Twitter/school web page.
General reminder – pleases label all clothing as the children tend to take cardigans and jumpers off and forget to put them on their pegs.