Welcome to Class 6
Even though it has been a very unusual start to the new academic year, the children have all settled really well into Key Stage 2, our new classroom and our daily routines. We are creating our own ‘class bubble’ and our daily routine involves regular hand washing and sanitising, which the children are taking great responsibility for.
Our topic focus at the moment is on wellbeing, ensuring all pupils are happy, settled and ready for learning and continuing to make progress.
- PE for this half term will be carried out outside so there is no need to provide PE kit for your child. However, they may wish to wear trainers and joggers on a Thursday for our PE day.
- While we shall be continuing to read daily in class, no reading books will be sent home this term. Home reading support will be provided using an online system, which we shall inform you about soon. Until then please support your child by encouraging them to read any books you may have at home or use the following website – home.oxfordowl.co.uk
- Outdoor Learning shall be a key feature for many of our learning activities so please provide your child with a pair of wellies that can be left in school and ensure they wear a waterproof coat daily.
- Hometasks will be set weekly on a Friday and will be set online on our Google Classroom page. Information for accessing and using Google Classroom will be sent home on Friday 18th September.
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle in school every day, clearly marked with their name and filled from home. There is no need to bring any other resources to school.
I shall be regularly updating this class page and our twitter account @BryncethinPS6.
If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to phone the school office on 01656 815840, leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can.
Many thanks for your continued support,