Welcome to Class 5!
It has been lovely to welcome everyone back to school for our new school year. The children have settled back well and are following daily routines.
We have been talking about and working on well-being, working outdoors and enjoying stories together.
Our topic for this term shall be 'Who am I?'. To begin the term our topic focus will be on wellbeing, ensuring all pupils are happy, settled and ready for learning and continuing to make good progress. More details shall follow about our topic within the next few weeks.
- This year your child will be working with myself (Mrs McAndrew) and Miss Owens.
- Our P.E day is going to be a Friday so please send your child to school wearing appropriate clothing/footwear.
- Our outdoor learning day is going to be a Thursday so please send your child to school in clothing that you don't mind getting wet/dirty.
- Please provide your child with a pair of wellies that can be left in school for our outdoor activities. Some children may have wellies left in school from their last class so we will try these on and see if they still fit.
- We shall be continuing to read daily in class and in a few weeks reading books will be sent home this term. Children can continue to read using Reading Buddies and will have the opportunity to also read a school book. Details for Reading Buddies are - - https://www.oxfordreadingbuddy.com/uk. Log in details were sent home last year on each pupil’s ‘Password Passport’ but if you have any difficulties accessing the site please let me know. In order for your child to make good progress, please support your child with their reading by accessing this website frequently.
- Hometasks will be set online every Friday. Our tasks can be found on Hwb (J2E) Information on using this will be sent out by Friday September 17th. Additional support is available via the Community Links page.
- Please ensure that your child brings a water bottle labelled with their name to school everyday.
- We are encouraging children to bring in a piece of fruit to eat at morning break as our lunch time is a little later than normal.
- Due to the current situation we please ask that no resources are brought to school from home.
- Please remember to follow us on our Twitter account @BryncethinPS5.
- We will continue to use Class DoJo to post information, pictures and class updates. Parents can also communicate via the messages on Class DoJo.
If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to phone the school office on 01656 815840, leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can.
Many thanks for your continued support,
Mrs McAndrew and Miss Owens