We have had great fun with our ‘Who am I?’ topic learning about talents.
We decided to become talented magicians and with plenty of perseverance and resilience we did it!
Take a look at just some of our tricks on the video below. 😁
Welcome to Class 6
Welcome to the new academic year, the children have all settled really well into Key Stage 2, our new classroom and our daily routines. For the first two weeks we shall continue to work in our own ‘class bubble’. This shall be reviewed within two weeks so we shall inform you when any changes are made. Our daily routine involves regular hand washing and sanitising, which the children are taking great responsibility for.
Our topic for this term shall be 'Who am I?'. To begin the term our focus will be on wellbeing, ensuring all pupils are happy, settled and ready for learning and continuing to make progress. More details shall follow about our topic within the next few weeks.
- PE for this half term will be carried out outside as long as the weather is dry. There is no need to provide PE kit for your child. However, they may wish to wear trainers and joggers on a Thursday for our PE day.
- We shall be continuing to read daily in class and in a few weeks reading books will be sent home this term. Home reading support will also be provided using our online system, please click on this link to access the website - https://www.oxfordreadingbuddy.com/uk. Log in details were sent home last year on their password passport but if you have any difficulties accessing the site please let me know. Please support your child with their reading by accessing this website frequently.
- Outdoor Learning shall be a key feature for many of our learning activities so please provide your child with a pair of wellies that can be left in school and ensure they wear a waterproof coat daily.
- Hometasks will be set weekly on a Friday and will be set online on our Google Classroom page. Information for accessing and using Google Classroom will be sent home on Friday 17th September for our first Hometask.
- Please ensure your child has a plastic water bottle in school every day, clearly marked with their name and filled from home. There is no need to bring any other resources to school.
I shall be regularly updating this class page and our twitter account @BryncethinPS.
If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to phone the school office on 01656 815840, leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can.
Many thanks for your continued support,